Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: schematics available?

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I recently purchased a pair of Altec 1594A amplifiers on Ebay. I would like to get a hold of the schematic and/or manual for this model. Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member dhook17322's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    176
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For repairs to Altec Lansing Professional Audio Products manufactured prior to 1998, including professional and home hi-fi power amplifiers (tube and solid state), equalizers, limiters, automatic microphone mixers, mixing consoles, line level mixers, line amplifiers, etc., contact:

    IRATEC PRO AUDIO ?
    12315 S. W. 40th
    YUKON, OKLAHOMA 73099
    Telephone: (405) 324-5311

    Click Here To Go To Ira Tec Pro Audio's Homepage
    http://iratec.50megs.com/index.html

    Another source of schematics and parts:
    Just Radios

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member dhook17322's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    176
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Other source:
    Just Radios
    416-502-9128
    www.justradios.com
    These folks have a large databast of vintage electronics and can supply schematics and cap kits for restorations

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Dave H.:
    For repairs to Altec Lansing Professional Audio Products manufactured prior to 1998, including professional and home hi-fi power amplifiers (tube and solid state), equalizers, limiters, automatic microphone mixers, mixing consoles, line level mixers, line amplifiers, etc., contact:

    IRATEC PRO AUDIO ?
    12315 S. W. 40th
    YUKON, OKLAHOMA 73099
    Telephone: (405) 324-5311

    Click Here To Go To Ira Tec Pro Audio's Homepage
    http://iratec.50megs.com/index.html

    Another source of schematics and parts:
    Just Radios
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmm, a stock answer. I was hoping for something a bit more definitive. Maybe, what I'm after isn't available. If I had to pay for a schematic, I'd rather buy one from a shop that reprints/restores technical manuals rather than pay $25 for a quick photocopy.

    If I wanted to ship the amps someplace I'd definately go with Iratec, as they would be the GPA equivilant for electronics. I don't want to ship 80 pounds of anything at this point, However.

    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll save them for when I can get into the amps. I still don't have my 825/828 cabinets done yet.

    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    To my knowledge, there are no real Service Manuals for the 1594A still extant (if someone knows of one, let me know).

    Schematics are available, BUT REMEMBER: The "A" series had a positive chassis ground! You can drive yourself nuts trying to fix one if you don't know that!

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member dhook17322's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    176
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    To: Audio_by_Goodwill
    My intentions were better than your judgement of a rubber stamp answer. Considering no one else answered for a while, I offered a couple starting points.
    I have dealt with Just Radios and they have an amazing database of schematics, don't rape customers, or furnish poor copies. I got an excellent reproduction of schematics for a 35 year old Marrantz amp. They are a mainstay of the old radio restoration people I kmow and can provide information on antique electronics no one else has, like cap kits, etc.
    My intention was to provide help in the absense of more experienced folks' knowlege. Maybe a little gratitude would encourage additional help.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Dave H.:
    To: Audio_by_Goodwill
    My intentions were better than your judgement of a rubber stamp answer. Considering no one else answered for a while, I offered a couple starting points.


    Ok, maybe I didn't phrase that very well. I didn't mean to sound harsh. I was disappointed I didn't get the answer I was hoping for. It seems I have a tough time finding facts about a lot of Altec Lansing equipment, outside of the A7, M19, and so on.


    I have dealt with Just Radios and they have an amazing database of schematics, don't rape customers, or furnish poor copies. I got an excellent reproduction of schematics for a 35 year old Marrantz amp. They are a mainstay of the old radio restoration people I kmow and can provide information on antique electronics no one else has, like cap kits, etc.

    That's good to know. They are a new name to me. I suppose my searches didn't bring them up since their main business is radios. I did find some of the capacitor info on their site quite interesting. I printed some of it out for later reading, in fact.

    My intention was to provide help in the absense of more experienced folks' knowlege. Maybe a little gratitude would encourage additional help.

    Please accept my apologies. I didn't want to sound harsh or ungrateful.

    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.